Sunday, July 12, 2009

Chicago Trip

Our annual anniversary trip this year was to Chicago. We had a great time with our friends Dawn and Chris Click. We had researched a lot of places to visit online first, and were richly rewarded with delicious food and great entertainment!

Lucky's is a bar near Wrigley Field. (They call this area Wrigleyville) This bar was featured on the show Man vs. Food on the Travel Channel. The main guy on that show goes around taking all of these "food challenges." The challenge at this place was to eat three of these sandwiches in one hour. Good luck! I only ate one and I was full for the entire day! This sandwich above is their specialty... actually, all of their sandwiches are served this way. It has your choice of meats, plus cheese, tomatoes, slaw, and french fries ALL ON THE SANDWICH! It is fabulous! Quoting Chris Click, "This is something we will crave." And, he is already correct!Wrigley Field.... a great place to catch an afternoon of baseball!
This picture was taken in a place called The Weiner's Circle- a hotdog joint. It is definitely not a upscale restaurant, but we saw it on the Food Network as well and it was one of our "must-sees!" If you get a chance, go to their site and figure out why! The lady here is the general manager and she was fabulous!
Kris recommends you order a Chocolate Milkshake when you go.

Here is the wonderful view from the Sky Deck of the Sears (whoops! just renamed Willis) Tower.

And, these three pictures are from the new clear glass boxes that jut out from the side of the tower on the 103rd floor. It was totally amazing and SCARY at the same time! Dawn walked on it and her and Chris sat down. The best I could do was to lay mostly on the floor of the actual tower with my head on the glass. I had to do it, but could not make my feet walk out onto the glass. Something in your brain says that it cannot be that safe!



Gino's East Pizzeria- this is the best pizza I have ever eaten! It was so good, but you could only eat about two pieces before you exploded!

This is a neat picture that I took of Kris that shows the subway "running into" him. I was shocked when I looked at the picture...the train is moving at around 65 miles an hour! Kris says that it looks like a ghost is entering his body! Anyways... just a neat shot.


The view from our hotel window!

We had a great time! I recommend anyone that hasn't been to Chicago to GO! Call or email me first, though, I have TONS of knowledge about subways, busses, and hotels/restaurants that I recommend!
Happy (early) Anniversary, honey! I love you!
9 years seems like 9 months with you!


1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Great pics!