Garrett-- (5 1/2 years)
1. Garrett is just like his daddy! He looks like him, he acts like him, and he worries like him! What am I going to do with TWO of them?
2. Garrett loves Star Wars! He has a slight obsession with this stuff. Ok, maybe not slight-- maybe full blown! We have been into this since he was 2 and he will be 6 in March. I don't think it will ever go away! But, he is very imaginative and has a great time "reinacting" the battles!
3. Garrett is learning to read! This is so very exciting to watch. He loves kindergarten and is so good at sounding out his words. His confidence builds each day. I love it, but it is hard to admit that my baby is growing up!
4. Garrett is PICKY! Have you ever met a 6 year old that hasn't tried a hamburger? Well, you have if you have met my son! He only eats chicken nuggets at McDonalds, but he loves pinto beans, green beans, carrots, celery, apples, and cantaloupe. But, will he touch a hamburger on a bun? NO WAY!
Now Ethan's turn... (2 years)
1. Ethan is our little "baller." He is into everything that even remotely looks like a ball. Even if it is an EGG! He thinks he can throw it, kick it, roll it, or hit it with something. We have already pegged him as our athlete.
2. Ethan is attached to Momma! If I hear the word "MOMMA" one time a day, I hear it at least 400. Now, this is not an exaggerated number, I swear. He is so addicted to me, it is nuts. He is like a little leach... always attached! But, I have to remember that one day he won't want to be this attached... so that keeps me grounded!
3. Ethan is the true definition of a "little" brother. He is such a follower... always into big brother's business. Trying to be a big boy all the time, he doesn't know what a little boy is supposed to do. He has been watching Sponge Bob and Drake and Josh since he was born, practically. And, we have just now convinced him to start watching "baby-type" shows such as Wonder Pets! He will always be ahead of his age!
4. Ethan is a Mickey Mouse Addict! As much as "Gee" (what he calls big brother) likes Star Wars, Ethan adores Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! We have watched so many episodes, I sing the "Hot Dog" song in my sleep! But, at least it is a kid's show that he likes! It could be worse....
OK, now I TAG all of you with kids to write 8 things about them! I can't wait to read what you have written!









2 comments:
Thanks Brandi for taking part in this challenge. I know it is time consuming sometimes to keep up the blog posts. I always feel guilty like I should be doing something else around the house (like cleaning maybe...) but it is so worth it to share with family and friends about your daily lives. I am so glad that I can keep up with you guys since we live so far away! I loved learning about your boys, it sounds like they are simply delightful!
In describing the things about Garrett and Ethan, it made me think about how fast time does go by..It was only yesterday that I was rushing from my tennis match to welcome the first baby I have ever been around into the family..You are a great mom and insire me to be just as good when I decide to have babies!!One thing though I will add, they will always be your little boys just like I will always be your little sis--They just might get a little taller and have a different perspective on life, Mickey Mouse wont be too important for too much longer...Enjoy all the time spent with them and be grateful for the wonderful family you have...I like these blogs...Keep up the work sis
Post a Comment