Sunday, February 08, 2009

Randomness

Ethan is our ray of sunshine. He is totally a unique, happy, over the top with everything, child. He is so funny and most days he is laughing and having fun. We love his sense of wonderment and awe in the world. He gets so very excited over anything that you tell him... almost like it is a fake emotion, but it truly comes from his heart! He idolizes his big brother, and that is what usually gets him into trouble. Here are some shots from this past week or so of Ethan being Ethan.
Catching him grinning is usual.... but catching it on camera is rare! He never sits still!
Garrett on the 100th Day of School with his shirt with 100 buttons that Nana Faye sewed on for him. He was so very proud.

The shirt again, and the glasses that he made that day at school.


Ethan playing with an over the door basketball game that Mike gave him. He loves any kind of ball there is. He especially loves this one because he can throw it into the hoop!

Ok, this one needs some explaining.
My child loves pizza. He also loves "green balls" (aka: peas... shhh!). So, I served him pizza with peas one night and he ended up with this! Garrett was next to him gagging. I thought it was too funny not to capture on film! He ate the whole thing!
My boys are my life. That is not just a saying I thought of to put at the top of this blog. Once you have kids it is almost like they are an extra extention of your body... not that they are their own beings. I have been reading a book called "The Shack" and I am slowly understanding that God did not create these children for us, but for Him. And, that they are only ours for a short while. We are to raise them to serve Him. As much as I know that, it is a lot harder to put to practice and step back and let them be their own people. What a hard time it will be in my life when I have to let one of them go... whether it be middle school, high school, college, the real world, or heaven. I am a much better christian because of this book, and I suggest that if you haven't read it, then you need to! It is fabulous and opens up such a wide realm of who God really is, and how He feels about all of his children.
It is amazing!


4 comments:

Jenn and Chris Looney said...

The Shack is on my list, so I'm excited to hear you're enjoying it! And your boys are precious as always ;)

Tara said...

The Shack is awesome! I read it last year and might just read it again. It is definitely worth a second read! Enjoy those boys, I have a hard time grasping too that Connor was not put here for me but to glorify Him. Those "little green balls" on the pizza are so adorable! Good idea!

The Deakins said...

I'm thinking Turner will never go for the "green balls" but its worth a shot!? So let me know when your done with the book, probalby finished it after we got home Sat night didn't you? I'll have to borrow it from you, if someone's not already in line... Love the button shirt! That's so cool! I'll have to remember that in a few years!

The Clifton Family said...

I didn't finish it Saturday night, but I did finish it at midnight on Sunday! It was fabulous...but I can't lend it out till that book club is over! I am sure I will have to bring it to class! I think I am going to re-read it as we go through the discussion--it was THAT good!