So, Ethan has been getting a little more "bold" and trying out his new-found ability to talk back. Tonight we are trying to get the boys to go to bed, and I told Ethan that he couldn't have anymore juice, couldn't eat another snack, and couldn't play anymore... that he had to go to bed soon. Then, he began to loudly growl, cross his arms over his chest, and stomp off grumbling. I proceeded to tell him that he did not growl at Mommy, and to go to his room and not play. What happened next is hilarious!
(As heard from Kris crouching in the hallway between the boys' rooms-Garrett in his room, Ethan in his):
Ethan: "Garrett?"
Garrett: "Yes, Ethan."
Ethan: "Mommy made me come to my room and not play."
Garrett: "Well, you shouldn't yell at Mommy next time."
Ethan: "Hers mad at me."
Garrett: "You are lucky she didn't spank you!"
Ethan: "Are you in trouble?"
Garrett: "No, because I am a good boy and I listen to Mommy when she says what to do."
Ethan: "Go ask Mommy if I can come out now. Me will be good."
Isn't this too funny?! This is the first time Ethan has ever really been "in trouble" enough to have to be banished to his room for any reason. I think he realized that he doesn't need to yell or growl at Mommy and Daddy again. Of course as soon as he left the room to go to his room, Kris and I almost doubled over in laughter! He is too cute to be mad at! And, this little dialogue between the boys shows it!
Garrett acting like the saint is what really makes this funny! He only has good advice because he has been in the exact situation about 100 times in his 6 years of life!
Oh, Brother!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Brotherly Advice
Posted by The Clifton Family at 9:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









8 comments:
Ha! I love the growling!I just love the way siblings interact with each other.
That is hilarious! I love it! Jacob is such a saint too when Benjamin is getting in trouble. And just like you said.....he can act like a saint when the other one is in trouble because he has been in that position many times before. He is always thankful when it's not him that's in trouble. Thank you for that post, it was too funny! I needed a good laugh today.
You are exactly right!!! Ethan is so stinking cute no way to be mad at him!!!! If he's just now getting into "trouble" you are so lucky!!! And the fact that Garrett is the role model telling him how to change his ways, is so funny!!! Thats precious! What I have to look forward to....yikes! Turner will probably hand her the scissors and tell her exactly what to cut!!!
We have been through that, too--with the scissors! I can only imagine what the future holds with them!
That is a hoot! Connor is practicing his strong willed attitude but hasnt "growled" as of yet! Ha!
that is the sweetest thing!!
That is adorable! Good thing Garrett encourages him to be good instead of bad!! Brothers are just too cute.
This is great! I bet that was hilarious to over hear. My nephew, Marshall, tells his little brother how not to get into trouble all the time...often when he is in trouble for the same thing. He likes to tell Eli what to do.
Post a Comment