A BIG thanks goes out to my little sis for taking and sending these pictures today of Garrett's first ever basketball game. He did such a great job, and even scored his first 2 points! Upward is a great league... if you haven't heard of it, you need to check it out. They are a Christian based program that has team devotionals and prayer before each game. The coaches are out on the court during the games, too, so the kids can actually be taught what they need to do correctly if they make a mistake. The refs helped today, too! I was totally impressed and will try to keep Garrett in this program as long as he is playing sports!
Saturday, January 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










4 comments:
That sounds like a great league! I have never heard of it until Heather's sons played. Glad that you got some pictures of it!
I laughed at your comment about the van. I cant believe that I went there either, but I am LOVING it so far! You should definitely join the club! It really didnt make me feel too bad because we live in a very young city, everyone drives them here! To be honest, I felt a little left out. Ha! Well, not really but this helps me feel better about it. Tell Kris to buy you that camera already!
Whats the age range they take?? I'm already for Tu rner to be running out some more energy! That's a great idea about the colors and who's on who.
It is fabulous! They break it up into school ranges, so I think they have to be in Kindergarten before they can play. But, always a great idea for future....I think FBC Lenoir City has an Upward program, too.
Looks like fun! Hope he has a good first yr
Post a Comment