Tuesday, January 20, 2009

House Pictures!

So, there are some of you that have been patiently waiting for these "finished" house pictures... well, here they are! There aren't a lot of detailed ones (or close-ups) because my house is never all the way clean.... but I am working on that and will add more as I get those rooms cleaner!

To start, here is our amazing wrought iron railing. It was done by an amazing man, too. His name is Garland Lankford and he is from Meigs Co. So, if
you need any wrought iron, he is the man to call!

This is our half bath. As you can tell, it is very small... but it serves the purpose well.

Here is the nook off of the kitchen. The door to the right goes out to the back patio. There is a picture of that coming up.

Here is the only decent shot I could get of Ethan's room. As you can see from pictures of the whole house, we don't have pictures up (or anything else hung on the walls yet), so it looks kind of plain. But... all in time!




Here is our lovely dining room....and our NEW dining room "air hockey" table!
We haven't finished the basement floors yet, so until that is done the boys' Christmas gift from their Nana and Poppa Clifton gets to sit in my dining room!
(It actually is a lot of fun, and you don't really notice it after a while!)


Here is the shot of Garrett's room... again, the neatest I could take. He has a t.v. and dresser on the immediate right side of this photo, but you can't see it.
A small shot of the boys' bathroom. It is a lime green color, but not too overwhelming. I am trying to decide what colors to put with it, so I just got a white shower curtain for now.


A shot of the kitchen cabinets and granite. It looks a little different with all our "junk" cluttering it up! But, we really love the colors after it was all put together! And, black appliances are definitely the way to go with young kids and fingerprints!


Here is the shot from our master bedroom out to the patio. It also opens up from the kitchen nook (as I said earlier).


Here is the cat, Carlee, in the middle of the shot of our master bathroom vanity. This is Kris's side, the cleaner side (imagine that). There is a small inset in between that is a total disaster area- full of curling irons and blow dryers. Then, my side looks just like his.


And, here is my favorite part! This is our jacuzzi tub! I just love how it looks, plus the best part is getting into it with the heater built in and the jets on!
Kris's cousin did a fabulous job on the tile work, too!


Kris is using my office space for now (until the basement floor is finished) for his office. So, you can see my little nook over in the corner and his whole side of the room!
But, it functions for now!


The view from the front door into the living room. The dining room /air hockey table is on your left from this angle. As you can tell, my mantle/fireplace stone is still not finished. I will update when that happens! (We have been "discussing" what to do with it, and just haven't ever agreed!)

And, finally, the front door! I wanted it to be black because the shutters will be black (when they are finally installed) and the wrought iron is obviously black, too. It ended up looking really great from the road! Thanks, dad, for painting this for us!
We have really worked hard on this house! We meaning Bill Clifton (Kris's dad), Kris himself, Jerry Walker (my dad), along with the contractor, Jerry Hughes, our electrician and friend Jody and Matt, and a million others that we need to thank for getting us
"IN" when we did! (All I did was paint a little, so I hate to even mention my name in the list with these guys!)
Hope this makes everyone happy! I will update more when we get the driveway paved and grass sewn...and all the other ten million things that have to be finished before we can actually call this our "home!"

And, feel free to come on over anytime for a real tour! I can't promise it will look any better than the pictures.... in fact, it may look MUCH worse. So, take this as fair warning! But, you are welcome ANYTIME! Especially my family that hasn't even come yet!
OH, and I forgot to take pics of the bonus/playroom. I will do that next time, too!

6 comments:

Me said...

looks gorgeous!

Perri said...

Yea!! The house looks wonderful and I'm so glad that you're in. The colors look great!

Renea said...

Everything looks really great! I love the wrought iron railings on the porch.

Kandi said...

Looks good! Love the colors

Heather Robinette said...

I love it too! I especially love the floors! I can't wait to put hardwood down in mine....

Barbara said...

Awesome! Love it! I will be coming over sometime... :)