Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Embarrassing Moment

Ok, so I was reading Whitney and Johnny's blog and saw where Turner had scared the fireman to death, embarrassing his mom and the fireman all at once. So, to make her feel better, I thought I would write a post to show my latest embarrassing moment with my 2 year old.

It goes something like this:

We were at Garrett's tee ball practice a few weeks ago. Ethan was running around the exterior of the field following another little boy about his age. The little boy's parents and I were talking, I was grading papers, Kris was cheering for/coaching Garrett on the sidelines, and then we hear it. Laughter. Not just a little from a few people, but belly-laughing from the other side of the field. (We were on the first base line- this was coming from behind home plate.) I strained to look to see where Ethan was... and of course could only see the top of his head. I did see the other little boy, though, so I figured they were both okay. Well.... about that time Kris says..."Look at Ethan!" When I did, he was walking over to us with his diaper in one hand and NOTHING else on at all! Here is my child at a public baseball field NAKED... not even a diaper!
So, I laugh... Kris panics, runs and gets him dressed again, and I am still laughing.

At least there was a good explanation for it all after we got it out of Ethan. The other little boy decided he needed to use the bathroom, and being relatively new to this potty training thing, decided he had better just go where-ever he was. So, he pulled down his pants and began to pee. Ethan, seeing this, decides to do the same thing.
But, he thought he had better just take ALL his clothing off first!

So, the moral?

Don't teach your boys to pee outside if you don't really
MEAN that they CAN pee outside! ha ha.

Does this make you feel better, Whitney? At least you only had ONE fireman at your door.
I have to hear it from 20 parents/kids now that my child is the exhabitionist!

5 comments:

Tara said...

That is pretty cute! I am loving this age and all of the crazy/funny/ and even embarrassing stuff that comes with it! Thanks for sharing... now I have to read Whitney's latest story!

Me said...

I'm just going to go ahead and say that when Stephen was 3-ish, I walked out onto our balcony to see him dangling a tampon, by the string,over the railing..and when I asked him what he was doing, he said, "I'm FISHING mom!"..so yeah..the neigbors beneath us got a real good laugh out of that..

The Deakins said...

wow, these are all pretty good!!! yeah, at least I don't know this fireman from adam and probably-hopefully never have to see him again!!!unless he comes to collect his donations...highly unlikely. I'm waiting for DCS to show at my door for an explanation! why do guys feel like they have to take all their clothes off to potty???? Turner does it too-obviously that's what he had been doing when the door bell rang!

Kandi said...

That is so funny!! Brandon would have reacted like Kris, he about dies when he comes home from work and Keira runs out the front with no clothes on to greet him. I just laugh. Brock should be interesting, b/c I know he is going to be taught to pee outside. HA!

Brandi said...

OMG!! That is soooo funny!! (and cute)