Friday, October 03, 2008

A Few Well Deserved SICK Days

Ethan is sick. He has been diagnosed with the croup and strep throat. Kris went on a golfing trip to SC with some of the guys (Amanda and Susan, you can attest to this) and I am left with the boys. SO, I decided instead of trying to be Superwoman (as I usually do), I would take off work on Thursday and Friday and help nurse him back to health-- and maybe get a few "naps" in with him since neither of us is sleeping through the night.
With the combo of having a new puppy we are trying to crate train, a sick baby, and one older boy that has to be in fourteen different places for school/parties/games all week- I am a little nuts, so who else deserves this "mini-vacation" as much as I do?
Well, at least this is how I am justifying it! I am sure not many moms out there will disagree! Now, If I could only get a massage and maybe get a few hours this weekend to get my nails done or shop, it would be perfect!
Ha! Who am I kidding!?

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I hope that some how you do get some time for yourself! And, your house looks amazing!! Hope to see you soon... :)

The Deakins said...

leave them with someone tomorrow afternoon and we'll shop!!!! Johnny's not working! When's kris get back home? i swear these men, what are we going to do with them?

Jason, Betsy, Jackson said...

Jackson had the croup several weeks ago and it was a rough several days. We ended up doing steroids and breathing treatments for about a week and half. I hope he feels better soon and that you find time for yourself over the weekend:)

The Clifton Family said...

Thanks for all the "well wishes!" I think my sanity is what is hurting worse than Ethan is with the croup/strep combo! He is still coughing up a storm, and we are doing the steroids/antibiotics, but the dr. said at least 6 days until symptoms subsided. We are officially on day 4! Kris returns late tonight (Sunday)--I think I can make it a few more hours!

Owings Family said...

Soon! The boys will be home soon! :) I too have a little boy who is teething and has a cold. Why does it always happen when daddy is out of town?