Monday, October 27, 2008

Making Spooky Cookies with Nana


Garrett and Ethan were at home tonight after Garrett's game with Nana Cindy making spooky Halloween pumpkin cookies! As you can tell, they really loved it. But, what you can't see is the mess that was made in the process. I stepped back and let Nana handle it since she instigated it! The boys had a great time with their Nana making something they could really eat.
Little hands pressing out dough!
Taking turns on who was to use the rolling pin! Too cute!

Garrett liked to show his little brother how to carefully take the dough from around the cut image. He was getting pretty good! Ethan wasn't as patient!And, while all this was going on, Daddy decided he wanted "roasted marshmallows." So, what did he do? He got a marshmallow and a match. Poof! You now have a roasted marshmallow. I guess that is my recipe for the week! ha.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Tell Kris that I am very impressed by his innovation! I have been wanting some roasted marshmallows too and never thought of this. The cookie pics are adorable. I love the blog header. I see you figured out the words. Looks great!

Keith, Cindy, Jacob and Benjamin said...

Yeah....updates!!! I have been waiting and checking. I love the Pumpkin Patch pics! They are adorable. We loved going there too! The boys looked like they were having so much fun making cookies......and a mess!! LOL! Love the posts. Take care Brandi!

The Deakins said...

I see Ethan's back on the counter again? Didn't learn our lesson from the breaking of the arm, eh??? Tell Kris he's a dork, but really I'm just jealous, I'm sure a marshmellow would send me into some stupid diabetic coma or something..!!!

The Clifton Family said...

My mom did that, thank you. And, I was close enough to catch him. He did keep saying, "I don't want to fall down," though! He learned, but momma and daddy haven't, I guess! ha.

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the new picture at the top of the blog, too.