Saturday, May 31, 2008

15th Place!

The third round (Friday), Chas played with a guy from Texas A&M University (in burgundy hat) and a guy from the University of Charlotte.
What is that? A smile? No way!
The stance.
The flags of all the Universities represented were flying over the course in one single line. I wish I could have gotten them all in one shot! It looked really neat.
Here we are taking a break from walking so much!
Purdue University's Home Course... Kampen Course in West Lafayette, IN.
Kris, Dad, and San watching the action.
Chas eyeing up a shot.
Hitting out of the sand. We found out that sand is a lot better on this course than the rough!


Ok, so they expected better. But, I am thrilled. Chas and the MTSU Golf team placed 15th (out of the top 30 teams in the nation) at the National Championship Tournament this week. I just got back a little while ago... and it is after 9:00 P.M. on Saturday. They did a great job, but the course was a killer. I have posted a few pictures to show you a little of the place and the game. Chas had his ups and downs, but overall, he was just glad to get off that course! Tough week of play including extreme high winds and a few Tornado Warnings along the way... but they made it through and advanced through the cut on Friday to play with the top 15 teams on Saturday. (The other team that hadn't been there before was St. Mary's, and they finished DEAD LAST with almost 90 over par!)
I am very proud of all of you guys... good job!

You can see all the real stats on www.golfstat.com.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Happy Birthday Brandi!

The Clifton Family said...

THANKS, BARB!