Sunday, May 18, 2008

Way to go, CHAS!

Chas and his retired coach of two years
Chas and Coach Whit Turnbow




This weekend, my cousin, Chas, has been playing in the NCAA East Regional Golf Tournament in Chattanooga for MTSU. We are so proud of him just for taking his team there in the first place, but this weekend he really showed how great he was...they are advancing to the NCAA Nationals the week of Memorial Day for the first time in MTSU history! I want to say how proud I am of Chas, and how I can't wait to see him play in Indiana in the National Finals in a few weeks. Here are a few quotes from the http://www.goblueraiders.com/ website story written about the tournament:



Junior Chas Narramore, playing in his second consecutive NCAA East Regional, was even Saturday and 3-under 210 for the tournament, tied for 22nd.



"Personally, I would have liked to finish better," said Narramore, whose round would have been stellar if not for finishing with a bogey on No. 8 and a double on No. 9 - his closing holes. "At the same time this is a team sport and we all picked one another up today, and we are a part of Middle Tennessee history. It's a great feeling and it helps erase the feeling that has been with us since last year when we fell just short (of reaching a NCAA Regional). I'm really proud of how our team responded to a big challenge today. I think it speaks to our character and our ambition." The Blue Raiders were among the top 10 teams all three rounds but when they needed to be at their best, they were.


Narramore also had his moments with five birdies and was within inches of five more on near-misses, while also having a chip for an eagle rim out of the cup. He was part of Middle Tennessee's strong stretch at the turn with four straight birdies during one sizzling stretch.


"I am so proud of these guys. They not only deserve this, but they also went out and earned it," Middle Tennessee first-year Head Coach Whit Turnbow. "They have worked hard for this opportunity and it is a great accomplishment not only for them, but also for our athletic department, our University, and we are looking forward to representing the Sun Belt Conference on the greatest stage in all of college golf. There are only 30 teams left playing and we are one of them. That's a pretty good statement for our program."


GO BLUE RAIDERS!

*my Alma mater, too, by the way!*

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Where in Indiana? Are you driving up?

The Clifton Family said...

YES... I am not sure where.. West Lafayette or something like that. I will know more soon. The dates are May 28-31. I may be riding with my aunt, or I may ride with dad.

Barbara said...

Let me know when you know more...like if you will be taking 64 up to 65 or whatever...I live on 64....I will see where Lafayette is...maybe I can visit with you or something...